"White feminism" does not mean every white woman, everywhere, who happens to identify as feminist. It also doesn’t mean that every "white feminist" identifies as white. I see "white feminism" as a specific set of single-issue, non-intersectional, superficial feminist practices. It is the feminism we understand as mainstream; the feminism obsessed with body hair, and high heels and makeup, and changing your married name. It is the feminism you probably first learned. "White feminism" is the feminism that doesn’t understand western privilege, or cultural context. It is the feminism that doesn’t consider race as a factor in the struggle for equality.
White feminism is a set of beliefs that allows for the exclusion of issues that specifically affect women of colour. It is “one size-fits all” feminism, where middle class white women are the mould that others must fit. It is a method of practicing feminism, not an indictment of every individual white feminist, everywhere, always. — This Is What I Mean When I Say “White Feminism” (via becauseiamawoman)
rent makes me really sad but then i think about the song that took roger a year to write and how it’s absolute shit and goddamnit roger no wonder you haven’t had a job in ages
Aaron Tveit masterlist -
Next to Normal
Catch Me If You Can
Rent (password: tango maureen) - found here
Wicked (password: swankified) - also found here (go follow, this blog is
The 3 Musketeers
Ghost Town (2008) (this is like…
- @ABC7Chicago: #BREAKING: #Ferguson, Mo. police officer shot, officer not killed, according to St. Louis Co. police
- All members of @handsupunited_ + @lostvoices14 are safe. We are hearing the police officer was shot in the arm. Suspect was killed #Ferguson
- Pretty sure #Ferguson just went from bad to worse.
- Another ambulance is coming. Think it’s for the body of the boy that was killed. #Ferguson
- In this moment, the crowd is pivoting from Martin to full-fledged Malcolm. Many people have said they are tired of hands-up. #Ferguson
- There’s a lot happening in #ferguson right now. We all need to pay attention and uplift the humanity of the people on the ground.
#mcm One year ago. So much has changed, but he stuck with me. ❤️